Leave it up to Hollywood to lecture us about spreading the wealth, as that is what the new Alien TV series from Disney and Noah Hawley is apparently all about. Oh, and of course, it’s set on Earth. Alien TV series also about inequality Noah Hawley spoke with Vanity Fair about the series, which is …
Cold Iron Studios and 20th Century Games, today revealed that Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the new cooperative third-person survival shooter set within the Alien universe, will release on August 24, 2021 for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and Steam™. Pre-orders are now available across all platforms, with two editions available for purchase. Aliens: Fireteam …
It appears as if the new Predator 5 movie in development at Disney/Fox will be skipping theaters and will get a streaming release on Hulu. The info was made known in a court case involving the screenwriters attempting to regain the Predator rights as a lawyer stated Predator 5, which apparently is titled “Skulls,” will …
Disney announces FX Hulu is developing a new Alien series that will be set on Earth and has Ridley Scott involved. The head of FX, John Landgraf, made the official announcement during the Disney Investor Day presentation. Details include the series is being developed by Fargo and Legion creator Noah Hawley as executive producer with …
New movies for both Aliens and Predator are looking likely from Disney, as Marvel Comics announced they are creating new titles for the franchises. Disney acquired both franchises as part of the purchase of Fox Studios, and while no new movies have been announced as of yet, it seems likely that Disney is using its …
Following the rumor that Ridley Scott’s sequel to Alien: Covenant has seen its pre-production stopped, now Ridley Scott confirms the Alien franchise has an uncertain future now that Disney is purchasing Fox Studios. “It looks to me that the Fox deal is certainly going to go ahead with Disney, and I’ve been with Fox for a number …
If there was ever a time to do Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 movie, the time is now. Following Ridley Scott’s disasters known as Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, many fans want more from the xenomorphs and less from the androids. Ridley Scott has made it no secret the next “Alien” movie(s) will be minus the Aliens, which isn’t sitting well …
Aliens vs. Pinball Launches Today on Zen’s Pinball Platforms
Happy ALIEN DAY! In celebration of the event and the 30th Anniversary of the landmark sci-fi film ALIENS, Zen Studios is delighted to release its three pack based on the Alien Universe, Aliens vs. Pinball! Featuring three exciting Alien inspired tables (Aliens, Alien: Isolation, and Alien vs. Predator), the Aliens vs. Pinball pack is an exciting addition to anyone’s digital pinball library!
To celebrate the pack’s launch, we’re releasing a brand new trailer for the Alien vs. Predator table. Watch below.
In Alien vs. Predator pinball, face off against Alien enemies and challenge your skills as you take on the role of a young Predator looking to make his mark in the Yautja ranks. Emerge victorious as you calibrate your camouflage system, collect weapons, use your advanced targeting system, destroy Alien eggs in a lightning fast multi-ball mode, collect Hunting Trophies, and experience the thrill of the hunt!
Alien vs. Predator is available now as part of the Aliens vs. Pinball three-pack for Zen Pinball 2, Pinball FX2, and Amazon, as well as in-app purchases for Zen Pinball and a standalone app for iOS and Android devices.
Please visit aliensvspinball.com for more information on Aliens vs. Pinball, and blog.zenstudios.com for more information on Zen Studios’ robust library of titles.
As previously announced, Fox has announced Alien Day for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 26th, which kicks off at midnight with a Twitter trivia contest.
Below you can check out all the announcements and how to get involved.
ALIEN DAY ON TUESDAY, APRIL 26
24 Hour Fan-Focused Social Media Event to Celebrate #AlienDay426
24 hour, fan-focused social media event celebrating the ALIEN franchise on Tuesday, April 26th – a nod to LV-426, the planet from the iconic ALIEN films. Fan day activations include the following:
· ALIEN: Ultimate Trivia Challenge
ALIEN DAY (#AlienDay426) kicks off at 12 AM ET on April 26th with a 24-hour Twitter contest in which every 42.6 minutes a new ALIEN trivia question will be presented via the official Alien Anthology Twitter account, @AlienAnthology.
· Each trivia question (35 over a 24-hour cycle) will have various prize packages from 20th Century Fox’s ALIEN franchise licensing partners including a Diamond Select Toys Reproduction Kenner 1979 Alien Figure (value $449), Sideshow Collectibles’ Alien Internecivus Raptus Statue ($500), ALIENS Power Loader Vehicle Replica from Hollywood Collectibles ($2000), Reebok’s Alien Stomper sneakers ($175); plus NECA Action figures, Zen Studios’ Alien vs Pinball digital pinball 3 pack, Dark Horse Alien franchise comics and much much more.
· In advance of the trivia contest kickoff, fans must pre-register their Twitter handle at ALIEN Anthology (http://AlienAnthology.com), and to qualify to win corresponding prizes, participants must “Reply” to the initial “question tweet,” correctly answer the question, and include the hashtags #AlienDay426 and #Contest. A winner (or “winners” when multiple prizes are offered) will be selected for each of the questions. Please refer to “Official Rules” for additional detail.
· ALIEN & ALIENS Returns to Theaters
On April 26th the ALIEN franchise returns to theaters in 20 cities, including Austin, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas as participating Alamo Drafthouse locations and partner venues showcase double-features of ALIEN and ALIENS. To accommodate the interest, additional screenings were added and promptly SOLD OUT; limited tickets however are still available for certain screening locations. Further ticket detail here: https://drafthouse.com/event/aliens
· Additionally, in New York, Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winner Sigourney Weaver (Ellen Ripley) will be on hand for a screening of ALIENS at New York City’s Town Hall. This screening will feature a host of Xenomorph mayhem, including custom video pre-shows and a Mondo ALIEN T-shirt designed exclusively by Jay Shaw available for purchase.
· In Los Angeles, the Alamo Drafthouse presentation of ALIENS at the Theatre at Ace Hotel will include a Q&A hosted by Matt Gourly featuring cast members Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Carrie Henn (Newt).
· Reebok Alien Stomper
One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley, as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henriksen as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark ALIEN DAY. The iconic movie sneakers will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide.
Plus Additional Consumer Product releases:
· NECA Action Figures – The first-ever Private Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure, as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure, will be available to honor the day.
· ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch a digital pinball 3 pack via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
· Funko LLC Figure Set – An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series debuts from Funko.
· Dark Horse Comics ALIENS Comic Book Series – Dark Horse expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986.
· Alien: Invasion Novel – Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon.
· Alien: Out of the Shadows Audio Drama – Audible launches this brand new audio drama starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role with Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) in a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
Relive the Terror of the ALIEN Universe in Aliens vs. Pinball
Conquer your fears on three new tables featuring Ellen Ripley, Xenomorphs, Colonial Marines and more!
Zen Studios, a developer of hit digital franchises like Pinball FX2 and CastleStorm, is excited to reveal that it has teamed up with Fox Digital Entertainment to create an all-new pinball three-pack set in the blockbuster ALIEN Universe. Relive the terror in the Aliens vs. Pinball pack!
Aliens vs. Pinball is comprised of three distinct tables. In Aliens pinball, team up with the Colonial Marines as Ellen Ripley on a pinball table based on ALIENS, the 1986 blockbuster film. Face your fears and take on a deadly Alien threat on the Sevastopol Space Station as Amanda Ripley in the Alien: Isolation pinball table and feel the rush of the hunt as a young Yautja warrior in Alien vs. Predator pinball. Featuring characters from the hit film franchise including Ellen Ripley, Aliens vs. Pinball offers a dynamic interpretation of the terrifying atmosphere and white-knuckle situations that have made the ALIEN anthology one of the most popular, frightening and enduring franchises in science-fiction.
Key Game Features
Join Ellen Ripley as she confronts her nightmares and help the Colonial Marines rid LV-426 of its Alien infestation in Aliens Pinball
Watch out for the merciless Alien stalking you on the Alien: Isolation pinball table
Defeat Xenomorphs and rise in Yautja society on the Alien vs. Predator table
Original iconic voiceovers and sound effects from films and videogames set in the ALIENS Universe
Leaderboards, score tracking, exciting social features, and more
The Aliens vs. Pinball pack will be released on consoles, PC and mobile platforms on ALIEN DAY, April 26th.
For more information on Aliens vs. Pinball as well as other titles from Zen Studios, please visit blog.zenstudios.com.
New “Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens” Unleashes Summer 2016
Dark Horse, IDW, and 2000 AD team up for galactic mayhem!
Announced today at Emerald City Comicon, three of the universe’s most feared figures cross paths this summer in the ultimate science-fiction crossover: Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens!
Written by New York Times best-selling and Eisner Award–winning author John Layman (Chew, Mars Attacks: Occupation) with stunning interior artwork by Chris Mooneyham (Five Ghosts, Predator: Fire and Stone) and iconic covers by Eisner Award winner Glenn Fabry, this series will be the wild ride of the summer for readers everywhere!
“Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens is just the sort of concept that would have Teenage John Layman wetting his pants with excitement…just at the possibility of reading it. Here, many, many years later, Old Man Layman is writing it, and it’s still every bit as thrilling,” remarked writer John Layman.
The crossover pits the legendary lawman Judge Dredd against the universe’s supreme hunters, the Predators, as they both try to survive an onslaught by the galaxy’s ultimate killing machines, the Aliens!
Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson have tracked a criminal cult across the Cursed Earth and into the Alabama morass, where a mad genetic scientist with destructive designs has acquired the best genes that evolution has to offer—a xenomorph skull!
A Predator, attracted to the warm climate and superior prey, has declared hunting season as he calls for backup. All paths will cross in a mind-blowing sci-fi showdown with the fate of the Earth at stake!
“This really is a dream-come-true project for me. I got to work on Aliens once before—a super cool experience, and one that was always on my creative bucket list. Dredd’s been on the bucket list as well, and you throw Predator into the mix, and it’s a trifecta of awesome. I’m loving every minute of this project so far,” added Layman.
Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #1 (of 4) is in stores July 27, 2016. Preorder your copy today at your local favorite comic shop.
Similar to Star Wars Day and Back To The Future Day, Alien now has a day of its own.
Fox has announced Alien Day set for April 26th, which will also see Reebox release the a replica of the Reebox Stompers sneakers worn by Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.
Ridley Scott also has the new Alien: Covenant movie coming out August 17, 2017.
Full details and images below.
24 Hour Fan-Focused Social Media Event to Launch in Celebration of #AlienDay426
Dark Horse Comics, Funko, NECA, Sideshow Collectibles, Audible, Titan Books, Zen Studios and more than a Dozen other Partners Join Forces to Mark ALIEN DAY on Planet Earth
Reebok to Release Exact Replica of the ALIEN Stompers worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley
Nationwide Screening Returns One of the Most Iconic Film Franchises to Theaters Across the Country
Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced today an out-of-this-world global celebration of the ALIEN franchise culminating with a special 24 hour, fan-focused social media event on April 26th – a nod to LV-426, the planet from the iconic ALIEN films. ALIEN DAY (#AlienDay426) to encompass a wide range of executions including nationwide screenings, never-before-seen consumer product activations and the kickoff of the ALIEN: Ultimate Trivia Challenge, allowing fans to test their ALIEN knowledge – with the chance to win memorable prizes every 42.6 minutes on Twitter.
Fox Consumer Products has teamed with an impressive portfolio of licensing partners; showcasing everything from unique apparel to exclusive comic books to high-end collectables. One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley, as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henrikson as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark ALIEN DAY. The iconic movie sneakers will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide. Other ALIEN products include the following:
· NECA announces the first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure; as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
· An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series from Funko LLC
· Dark Horse Comics expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986
· Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon
· Available on Audible; a brand new audio drama, Alien: Out of the Shadows – starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) is a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
· Additional licensed partners are found below
In addition, the Alamo Drafthouse is producing a nationwide screening program on April 26th returning the ALIEN franchise to theaters across the country. In over 20 cities, including Austin, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas, participating Alamo locations as well as partner venues will showcase a double-feature presentation of ALIEN and ALIENS. In Alamo locations, each pre-ordered ticket includes a Mondo-designed ALIEN T-shirt, released exclusively for the event screenings. Additionally, the screenings will be accompanied by exclusive ALIEN merchandise—including apparel, accessories, posters and records—from pop-culture company Mondo. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, to find a full list of participating theaters, visit http://AlamoAliens.com.
ALIEN: Ultimate Trivia Challenge
The hallmark of ALIEN DAY will be a 24-hour Twitter contest. Every 42.6 minutes a new ALIEN trivia question will be presented via the official Alien Anthology twitter account, @AlienAnthology. In advance of the contest kickoff, beginning at 12 AM ET on April 26th, fans will need to pre-register their Twitter handle at ALIEN Anthology (http://AlienAnthology.com).
Each trivia question (35 in a 24-hour cycle) will have various prize packages from 20th Century Fox’s ALIEN franchise licensing partners. To qualify to win the corresponding prize, participants must “Reply” to the initial “question tweet,” correctly answer the question, and use the #AlienDay426 and #Contest hashtags. A winner (or “winners” when multiple prizes are offered) will be selected for each of the questions. Please refer to “Official Rules” for additional detail.
In regards to the announcement, Jeffrey Godsick, President of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products stated: “The ALIEN franchise holds a special place not only within the universe of Fox but with movie enthusiasts across the galaxy.” Godsick added, “We noticed that fans of the ALIEN films were starting to rally around the calendar date of April 26th — given the connection to the planet LV-426. Quite simply, it gave us the idea to do something special on this day; to officially mark the occasion alongside fans and to build excitement online, in stores and once again, in theaters.”
The ALIEN film series starring Sigourney Weaver (Ellen Ripley) and directed by legendary auteurs Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, is one of the most enduring horror sci-fi action franchises of all time. Winning multiple Academy Awards®, these incredible films have spawned countless consumer product lines and launches — from apparel to video games to comic books and more.
The highly-anticipated ALIEN: COVENANT, directed by Ridley Scott and starring Michael Fassbender, will be released in August 2017 by Twentieth Century Fox.
Additional global ALIEN DAY partners include: · ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital pinball tables via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
· DC ENTERTAINMENT – Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite Batman VS ALIEN comics for the first time in over a decade
· FRIGHT RAGS – Horror apparel retailer Fright Rags will release limited edition ALIEN-themed apparel
· THE UPPER DECK COMPANY – The leading trading card company will launch ALIENS Anthology Collector Trading Card and the ALIENS “Vs” Trading Card Game system
· HOT TOYS – The Hong Kong-based collectible manufacturer is announcing an all-new ALIEN Ripley 1/6th figure
· KOTOBUKIYA – The Japanese manufacturer unleashes an assortment of highly detailed collectables this spring including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from ALIENS and mini “Big Chap” figurines posed to strike up conversation around your home or office!
· INSIGHT EDITIONS – The illustrated pop culture book publisher will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
· An all-new ALIEN Internecivus Raptus Statue from Sideshow Collectibles
· SUPER 7 – The San Francisco based designer toy and apparel company has developed several toys in honor of the ALIEN DAY: ALIEN Muscle figures on card; ALIEN ReAction carrying case with exclusive ALIEN figure; Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit; Japanese vinyl Queen and ALIENS Glassware
· LOOT CRATE – The monthly mystery subscription box for pop culture fans will launch a limited-edition ALIENS 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners.
· MEDICOM TOY – Japan-based toy company MEDICOM TOY will release VCD (vinyl super deformed) ALIEN figure and retro style ALIEN figure via Diamond Comics
· USAopoly – Launches a pair of classic board games with a thrilling twist: YAHTZEE® ALIEN VS PREDATOR™ and CLUE®: ALIEN VS PREDATOR™
· HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES to release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas
Join the #AlienDay426 conversation on Twitter and Instagram @AlienAnthology and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/alienanthology.
Full contest rules and details can be found on the ALIEN Anthology website: http://AlienAnthology.com.
Blomkamp posted the pulse rifle on his Instagram adding: “We all knew there would be pulse rifles. Obviously. Now with added RIS.”
The pulse rifle was first used in James Cameron’s Aliens (pictured above) and has been used ever since in the various sequels, comics and video games.
RIS refers to Rail Integration System, which enables accessory attachment.
Blomkamp’s Alien movie may be released in 2017 with Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn said to be returning.
As announced on the Dark Horse: CLASSIFIED! panel at New York Comic Con, writer Brian Wood (The Massive, Rebels) and artist Tristan Jones (Mad Max: Fury Road, TMNT) will take on the xenomorphs just in time to celebrate the anniversary of Aliens with a new ongoing series—Aliens: Defiance!
“Alien was groundbreaking when it first debuted, and has only grown in relevance and pop culture legend since,” remarked Wood. “Thirty-seven years is an impressive amount of time for any entertainment property to thrive, much less still top mainstream headlines and fuel speculation like it does. It’s an honor to be invited to add to that legend.”
In space, no one can hear you scream . . . Aliens: Defiance follows struggling Colonial Marine rookie Zula Hendricks as she goes AWOL to protect Earth from an unknown alien species.
“Few films are as timelessly terrifying and the fact that it continues to grip audiences and affect them beyond any of its successors and imitators (of which there are plenty) is the strongest testament to how truly transcendent everything that went into, and came out of, Alien is,” added Jones. “Being asked to be a part of something so defining, and so instrumental to the creative development of not just me, but so many, many others, is a lifelong dream come true.”
Aliens: Defiance #1 (of 12) is in stores April 27, 2016. Preorder your copy today at your local comic shop!
Mondo, the art house of the Alamo Drafthouse theater, has revealed their 2015 Comic-Con exclusives which includes Superman, TMNT, Aliens, Ant-Man and Hellboy.
Check out the images and details below (via USA Today).
Comic-Con runs July 8-12 in San Diego.
• Ant-Man holofoil sreen print poster ($85 – limited to 175).
• Leonardo Ninja Turtles figure (price TBD); stands 11-inches tall and comes with various accessories including weapons; upcoming figures of Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael will also be on display.
• First Hellboy polystone statue ($200); available for preorder now at Mondo’s website (upcoming Godzilla sculpture will also be on display).
• Superman: The Animated Seris vinyl ($25) featuring a die-cut single with artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative.
• Aliens soundtrack ($35): For fans of the late Oscar-winning composer James Horner, who died last week in a plane crash: A vinyl soundtrack of his score for James Cameron’s 1986 sci-fi flick Aliens. The deluxe edition features more than a dozen musical cues new to vinyl plus five bonus tracks, and a cover design by artist Killian Eng.
Dark Horse Comics has debuted a new trailer for Aliens: Fire and Stone, which features the worlds of Aliens and Prometheus.
The first issue becomes available September 24th.
During a vicious xenomorph outbreak, terraforming engineer Derrick Russell leads a desperate group of survivors onto a rickety mining vessel. They hope to escape the creatures overrunning their colony—but they’ll face horrors both in space and on the strange planet they crash on. Ties in with the Prometheus and Aliens films!
By Ken Porter
Strange Nation #1-6
Written by: Paul Allor
Art by: Juan Romera
Published by: Monkeybrain Comics
Terror in the tabloids
If there’s one secret delight I had as a child it was looking at the covers of The Weekly World News and seeing images of creatures and characters like Bat Boy. Sadly, I found out too early that these stories weren’t real. Trust me, I had some genuine worries about Bat Boy coming to my house until I was set straight. But afterwards I never stopped to consider what the world would be like if those images and stories weren’t made up, but instead were some of the most important and dangerous reporting any journalist could embark on.
That’s where Strange Nation comes into play.
Norma Park is a journalist for Strange Nation, a tabloid dealing in the very bizarre and weird. While it’s not Norma’s first career choice, she soon discovers a strange plot involving an intelligent sasquatch named Joe, aliens, and doomsday cults. She might not have her prestigious news job any longer, but Norma is following the story of her life.
Comics should be fun
It’s a point that I’ve driven home so many times it’s split my word processor like a nail in a board. Strange Nation is one of those comic books that’s just plain fun. Each issue offers character-building moments from the cast, including Norma, Joe, or Norma’s hawaiian shirt wearing friend Jesse.
And if there’s one thing that will creep you out about this comic book, in the most fun way possible, it’s the mascot-headed thugs. If anything check this book out for the mascot-headed thugs. Seriously, I mean it.
Why it’s a great alternative
Allor and Romera have an original premise that’s got lots of flexibility in terms of story and visuals. While I’m not sure how many issues this series is supposed to be, it could easily move into an ongoing with all of the crazy concepts, stories, and characters that Norma could explore.
It has the same kind of open-world feeling that Futurama had when it started. There’s a solid premise, with rules, but the characters can be put into any situation and it works.
Who would like this
Fans of comics like Skullkickers, Chew, or the new adaptation of The X-Files would enjoy Strange Nation quite a bit. There’s plenty of humor, action, and cool visuals to draw people in from multiple areas of comics. Or, if you’re looking to introduce someone to comics, this would be a good starting point for fans of shows like Futurama, where the premise can lead to just about any crazy kind of stories or characters. The issues are only 99 cents a piece, and all six can be found on Comixology’s website or app.
If this sounds like it’s up your alley then pick up Strange Nation today and get ready to believe the weirdest things the world has to offer!
Ken Porter is presently interning with Cosmic Book News and also writes comic booksincluding “Ink Ribbon” from Visionary Comics. Ken was also the winner of last year’s Top Cow Talent Search contest and was recently published in “Artifacts” #33.