[[wysiwyg_imageupload:6615:]]Our DC Entertainment source who has been sharing Justice League movie updates with us and more has provided us with a new batch Star Wars details.
Previously our source told us that Star Wars Episode VII might take place 30 year after Return of the Jedi and feature a disciple of Palpatine, and most recently gave us details about a possible Darth Maul spin-off movie.
The latest is in regards to the new Star Wars animated TV series as well as the direction Disney will be taking their various related media including the video games.
We know that Disney recently canceled Star Wars: The Clone Wars and closed down the LucasArts video game division.
We’re told a majority – if not all – the Star Wars related media will be focusing on events following Episode VI, which would include the spin-off movies, TV and video games.
Our source said his LucasFilm friend offered the following.
• The new animated Star Wars TV series may focus on the Rebellion taking down the remaining remnants of the Empire spread across the galaxy. It’s said to be similar to The Clone Wars in which it features a large cast of characters and doesn’t focus on a sole group (i.e. Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo).
• The spin-offs films could include original characters and may not be focused on a well known character (i.e. Boba Fett, Han Solo etc).
• However, a spin-off may possibly be set before Episode I for certain characters (i.e. Yoda).
• New video games will be post Episode VI and could be based on the TV Series being developed.
• There will more than likely be video games based on Episode VII, VIII and IX.