Following Henry Cavill, Netflix has announced the cast of their eight episode Witcher series, which is currently filming.
It seems the backlash surrounding Ciri was just a bit over dramatic.
Have a look below!
NETFLIX’S THE WITCHER CASTS PIVOTAL ROLES OF CIRI & YENNEFER
- The pivotal role of Ciri, Princess of Cintra, will be played by Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into The Badlands). Other characters from the court at Cintra include Queen Calanthe (Jodhi May, Game of Thrones, Genius), and her husband, the knight Eist (Björn Hlynur Haraldsson, Fortitude), along with the druid Mousesack (Adam Levy, Knightfall, Snatch).
- The sorceress Yennefer will be played by Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust). Leading the magical academy at Aretuza is Tissaia (MyAnna Buring,Ripper Street, Kill List), and Yennefer is joined by other novice sorcerers Fringilla (Mimi Ndiweni, Black Earth Rising), Sabrina (Therica Wilson-Read, Profile). Also joining the cast is Millie Brady (The Last Kingdom, Teen Spirit) as the outcast Princess Renfri.
- The new cast join previously announced Henry Cavill (Mission Impossible - Fallout, Justice League) who leads the cast of The Witcher saga, playing the role of Geralt of Rivia. Remaining cast will be announced soon.
- The Witcher showrunner and Executive Producer, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s The Defenders, Umbrella Academy) commented “Casting The Witcher has been one of the biggest projects of my career, and undoubtedly the most exciting. I can’t wait for these wonderful actors to bring such iconic and loved characters to life on screen, and to share these special stories with viewers all over the world.”
- The series will be directed by Alik Sakharov (House of Cards, Game of Thrones) — four episodes, including the first episode, and Alex Garcia Lopez (Marvel’s Luke Cage, Utopia) & Charlotte Brändström (Outlander, Counterpart, Disparue) who will direct two episodes each.
- Logline: Based on the best-selling fantasy series, The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.