In conjunction with next month’s release of Guardians of the Galaxy #1 from Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw, Marvel is also promoting the title through variant covers for other books.
Check out the variants below which includes Nova and Super-Skrull reuniting from Annihilation, Darkhawk, the original Guardians of the Galaxy and more.
You can also find the awesome Guardians of the Galaxy #1 glow-in-the-dark Lucio Parrillo variant cover below.
Donny Cates recently let it be known this his Guardians of the Galaxy won’t be goofy and that it will be similar to the 2008 Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning run that we all love.
“People tend to forget that a lot of those storylines, and especially the team that makes up the film team, is based on that Abnett and Lanning stuff,” Cates said. “The film has its own tone, which is like very fun and light and everything, but the Abnett and Lanning stuff is hardcore. I mean, there is some wild stuff that goes down those ranks. It’s not been a kind of jokey cartoony book until the films came out. My run is not funny. At all… [My] Guardians of the Galaxy is brutal.”
Check out 9 of the 13 variants that will be released in January:
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 by Gerald Parel
- AVENGERS #13 by Patrick Zircher with colors by Jason Keith
- BLACK PANTHER #8 by Jamal Campbell
- DEADPOOL #8 by Jamal Campbell
- DOCTOR STRANGE #10 by Will Sliney with colors by Frank D’Armata
- FANTASTIC FOUR #6 by Pasqual Ferry
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 by Ron Lim with colors by Israel Silva
- IMMORTAL HULK #12 by Geoff Shaw
- SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST SPIDER #4 by Bobby Rubio
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 by Mike McKone with colors by Jesus Aburtov
- UNCANNY X-MEN #8 by David Marquez
- X-23 #8 by Dale Keown
- X-FORCE #2 by Ema Lupacchino
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 Glow in the Dark Lucio Parrillo Variant Cover