Obi-Wan Movie Rumored In Pre-Production; Ewan McGregor At Han Solo Premiere

Obi-Wan Movie Rumored In Pre-Production; Ewan McGregor At Han Solo Premiere

Last year saw it said that an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie is in the works at Disney from director Stephen Daldry, but nothing official has been announced as of yet.

Now a rumor has hit the net stating that the Obi-Wan movie has actually started pre-production.

According to the Star Wars fan site, Fantha Tracks, the Obi-Wan movie is in pre-production at Pinewood Studios in England with concept art and storyboards being worked on. It’s said the same crew will used when their work on Star Wars: Episode IX ends, and that Obi-Wan will kick into production around January 2019 with the main shoot starting around April 2019. It’s also suggested that the movie will be released December 2020.

Interestingly enough, Ewan McGregor attended the recent Han Solo world premiere. Why it’s worth a mention is that Disney released 18 video interviews from the event, with Ewan McGregor being the lone actor not a part of the movie–at least officially. Some are speculating Ewan McGregor makes a cameo appearance as Obi-Wan in Han Solo, but just maybe the actor is gearing up for a return in the Obi-Wan movie (or better yet, both).

Here is the Ewan McGregor  video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ovl8KgPio

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

Solo: A Star Wars Story has a May 25, 2018 release directed by Ron Howard starring Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Woody Harrelson as Becket, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, with Emilia Clarke, Thandie Newton and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ewan McGregor

About Matt McGloin

Matt McGloin is the editor-in-chief and publisher of Cosmic Book News, the independent entertainment news site he founded in 2008. He covers movies, comics, TV, video games and pop culture and has reported major industry scoops over the years, including revealing the Avengers: Endgame title ahead of its official announcement. Through Cosmic Book News, he helped Marvel Comics promote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova through exclusive previews, artwork, and interviews, with the site also quoted in solicitations and on comic covers. He also reported on Marvel’s Daredevil: Born Again retooling before it was later confirmed by the trades.

Recommended

Star Wars Fans Reject Disney Sequels And The Acolyte On May The 4th
Star Wars Fans Reject Disney Sequels And The Acolyte On May The 4th
Disney Hoped New Star Wars Trilogy Would Erase the Original, Says Former Employee
Disney Hoped New Star Wars Trilogy Would Erase the Original, Says Former Employee
‘The Expendabelles’ All-Female Expendables Movie Back In Development
‘The Expendabelles’ All-Female Expendables Movie Back In Development
Masters of the Universe Box Office Tracking Soft With Jared Leto Missing From Marketing
Masters of the Universe Box Office Tracking Soft With Jared Leto Missing From Marketing
Zack Snyder Fires Up Superman Fans With Henry Cavill Post
Zack Snyder Fires Up Superman Fans With Henry Cavill Post
The Mandalorian & Grogu First Reactions Raise Red Flags: ‘Dull,’ ‘Snooze Fest,’ ‘Weakest Star Wars Movies’
The Mandalorian & Grogu First Reactions Raise Red Flags: ‘Dull,’ ‘Snooze Fest,’ ‘Weakest Star Wars Movies’