Currently trending on Twitter is the #cancelnetflix hashtag which is a result of it learned that Netflix has decided to cancel the Warrior Nun series after two seasons.
It is said Netflix decided to cancel the series because the viewership isn’t up to par in regards to the cost of the series, and while Warrior Nun did trend for three weeks on Netflix’s charts, it isn’t enough to greenlight the show for another season.
The series is based on the Manga of the same name which follows an orphaned teen (Alba Baptista) who after waking up in a morgue, discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns.
Showrunner Simon Barry confirmed the news.
“I’ve just found out that Netflix will not be renewing Warrior Nun – my sincere appreciation to all the fans who worked so hard to bring awareness to this series, and for the love you showed me, the cast and the whole production team. It was a privilege to be a part of this,” tweeted Barry.
“Simon, I’m so shocked and sorry to hear that. Genuinely,” said screenwriter Emily Andras which Barry responded with, “Thanks Emily,” and a big red heart emoji.
What do the Twitter reactions to Warrior Nun‘s cancellation have to say?
Regarding Twitter, users aren’t happy with Netflix at all, particularly the LGBTQ community where the show is really popular.
– we need to find another house for the series. it is possible? give us direction and we’ll follow through without question, but please we need to get on with it
– simon is it possible to get another streaming platform to pick up the show????
– @netflix time to cancel my subscription, don’t count on me to subscribe again to watch whatever sapphic representation you gonna pull for just 1-2 seasons and cancel after we pulled some good numbers to you BECAUSE IT DOESN’T MAKE A DIFFERENCE APPARENTLY
– My heart is devastated for all the incredible people who’ve had a hand in this exceptional series being such a beacon. Thank you Simon and everyone dedicated to the important inclusivity and affirming messages which shine as a legacy and imprint for the fandom to carry with us.
– Thank you so much for bringing us such a rare and underrated gem. It’s absolutely heartbreaking its ending like this. You and everyone involved deserved to tell a full story. I’m completely shattered.
– Simon, I’m so shocked and sorry to hear that. Genuinely.
– Alright gays clearly we aren’t being heard. I’m still broken after first kill got canceled and now the #WarriorNun fans have to go through the same heart break. Let’s make Netflix hurt the way we have been #CancelNetflix We need to team up and get our shows back
– Rest in piece to all the shows with queer representation that continue to get canceled. These networks will never learn unless we make them learn. Enough is enough. We are deserving of representation #CancelNetflix #Cancelamazon #CancelCW
– Enjoy all the subscription cancellations
– Everyone go #Cancelnetflix quit paying streaming services that don’t give a fuck about our existence
– @Netflix hates lesbians you can’t change my mind about this because it’s clear as day. Y’all create content to get people vested only to take it away there’s absolutely no reason to keep giving those people your money. Cancel that shit!!!! #cancelnetflix