Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will be adding one more award to his belt as he is set to receive the Marty & Leah Sklar Creative Visionary Award.
“The Ryman Arts Board established the Marty & Leah Sklar Creative Visionary Award to honor Marty’s memory and to celebrate the legacy of two amazing founders of our organization,” said Phil Hettema, Ryman Arts Board president and president and creative executive of the Hettema Group, in a statement. “We are thrilled that the first recipient of the award, Kevin Feige, embodies the aspiration of the award so completely. Kevin has reimagined an entire universe of storytelling and introduced us to thrilling new worlds through his creative leadership and vision.”
The award will be presented at the annual Ryman Arts event on November 7, 2018 at the Majestic Downtown in Los Angeles.
Details for the award ceremony include a VIP reception from 5:30-7 pm consisting of:
- Hear a dynamic panel discussion on bringing the world of Wakanda to life and the creation of Black Panther featuring Writer Joe Robert Cole and Oscar-nominated Director of Photography Rachel Morrison, moderated by Vice President and Executive Editor of Variety Steve Gaydos
- Private cocktail reception exclusively for Sponsors and VIPs.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe artists will share their creative process.
- Enjoy private access to our specially curated Marvel Exhibit.
- Be the first to purchase unique art created by Ryman Arts students.
- Preview “Once in a Lifetime Experiences” auction.
Following the VIP reception, the Be A Hero Celebration general admission goes from 7-10 pm and features:
- Enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
- Explore our specially curated Marvel Exhibit.
- Bid on “Once in a Lifetime Experiences” silent and live auction.
- Inaugural presentation of the 2018 Sklar Creative Visionary Award to Kevin Feige, presented by Leah Sklar and special guests.
VIP tickets, General Admission tickets and Ryman Arts Alumni General Admission tickets can be purchased at: rymanarts.org/be-hero.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige spearheaded ten years of the MCU with 20 films that have made more than $17.6 billion at the box office including Iron Man, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers: Infinity War, and Feige has Captain Marvel, The Avengers 4 and Spider-Man: Far From Home in the pipeline.