The “DOC’s” Top Of The Pile
By Chris “DOC” Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these books to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this “DOC’s” prescription to good health starts with these top five titles of the week!
1. X-O Manowar #1: Valiants’ back and they mean to take names this time around! Dive on in to a new era of cosmic awesomeness brought to you the Valiant way! Check out my full advanced review here!
2. Worlds’ Finest #1: Power Girl and Huntress make a triumphant return to the New 52! Their names may sound familiar but these gals are not your mommas heroines! See my full review here and make way for the “Second Wave”!
3. Animal Man #9: If Buddy Baker is dead, than who is Buddy Baker? And who is that on the last page? Vertigo fans can rejoice again as Jeff Lemiere’s cavalcade of chaos continues to roll! Missed this amazing series? Get the trade today!
4. Swamp Thing #9: You didn’t think I could do this list without adding Scott Snyder on it, did you? Just as Swamp Thing gains an unforeseen ally, something sinister lurks from the pits of the past! Always a great read!
5. Age of Apocalypse #3: Just because you may have been brought back from the dead, doesn’t mean the X-Terminated won’t put you down again! Tons of A.O.A. characters come crashing back but it’s the one at the end of the book that has me geared up for next month the most! Something might get SMASHED!