The first set photos for the untitled third Wolverine recently hit the net featuring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and an unknown young girl.
It’s being speculated that young girl may be X-23, the female clone of Wolverine.
It’s also being further speculated that Richard E. Grant may be playing Nathaniel Essex, aka Mr. Sinister, who was teased in the post-credit X-Men: Apocalypse scene.
In addition, a possible character breakdown has hit the net for X-23 as well.
The Hashtag Show YouTube posted the following info for the X-23 character break down (via CBM):
• Code Name: Zoe
• 12-to-15 year-old girl
• A pound puppy, raised in captivity in a time of battle, without support systems of a normal childhood.
• She has no family and until now, has never left the compound in which she was born.
• She has an authentic intensity – Her expressions & body language speak volumes, without words.
• Once released in the outside world, everything is new, every experience and every image a first.
• This does not mean everything is wonderful or wonderous. Some thing she sees (things we might regard as conventional) may scare her or anger her and things we may find interesting may bore her.
• She has not been instructed in many social conventions – she can eat like an animal. She studies and often mimics people’s behavior.
• She has a high IQ, but is also a temperamental, impuslive and feral creature that can raise genuine mayhem.
• She is a girl that has never been kissed. Looking for a real girl – not made up or done up. Also with genuine edge, not made up or put on.
• Martial arts or gymnastics experience preferred but not necessary – but actress must be extremely physical and able to improvise scenes without necessarily resorting to speech. Do not play it “cute.”
Wolverine 3 has a March 3, 2017 release directed by James Magold.