Whether itâs Peter Parker, Miles Morales or a brand new version, itâs being said Sony and Marvel are looking for teenage actors to play the role of a 15-year-old Spider-Man.
Speculation surfaced earlier today when 21-year-old English actor Sam Strike tweeted he began training for a big U.S. movie, which many online thought for Spider-Man.
However, Latino Review is stating itâs probably for Foxâs Deadpool or X-Men: Apocalypse as, according to casting sources, Sony and Marvel are presently auditioning teenage actors for the role of a 15-year-old Spider-Man.
Itâs previously been said the new Spider-Man would be in high school as well.
The question (at least on my mind) is if they do go with such a young Spider-Man, how are they going to get around a 15-year-old going into battle alongside the Avengers? I guess itâs possible the Avengers may not know Spidey is that young if heâs masked, but that lasting for three years until the new Spidey is an adult seems rather farfetched. I guess itâs also possible the new Spider-Man may not actually be fighting in Cap 3 (he was actually only in a few pages in the comic).
Itâs unknown when the big Spider-Man announcement will now be coming as earlier saw Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn state Marvel will be not at this Summerâs Comic-Con.Â
Captain America: Civil War is slated to begin filming this Spring. If the new Spider-Man/Peter Parker has more than a cameo, more than likely Marvel would have to announce the actor sooner rather than later.
Captain America: Civil War has a May 6, 2016 release; the new Spider-Man movie hits in 2017.
