‘Mortal Kombat 1’ Bombs: Already Canceled Says Insider

‘Mortal Kombat 1’ Bombs: Already Canceled Says Insider

I told you this back in August, that it’s RIP Mortal Kombat, and no surprise, I’m right again.

Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns has only been out two months but it’s claimed plans to continue the game are over.

It’s said that there will either be no new content or very limited content and that the Kombat Pack 3 and a second story expansion are no longer happening.

mortalkombatkaosreigns

“Verified Insider” says Kombat pack 3 and a second story expansion have been canceled

The info comes from Reddit user _FateUknown_ who has shared Mortal Kombat leaks and scoops in the past that turned out to be true. The user is referred to as a “Verified Insider” on the Mortalkombatleaks sub.

Posting in the Mortalkombatleaks sub, _FateUknown_ potentially first hinted at the demise of Mortal Kombat a month ago when he replied to another user questioning about datamine leaks: “Remember just because something is datamined does not guarantee it will release, things are cut during development all the time.”

mortal kombat canceled
Screenshot via Reddit

Then just yesterday another user posted a video said to show what the next Kombat Pack could be about, but _FateUknown_ replied, “It is not.”

Another user questioned, “Is there even going to be a Kombat Pack 3 then?”

_FateUknown_ replied, “No.”

A fan took a screenshot of the conversation and posted it to the sub noting, “Guys…..it’s over.”

_FateUknown_ commented on the post, “Kombat pack 3 and a second story expansion were planned. All cancelled recently, no more characters after kombat pack 2. A kameo or two might make it since there has been work done on them but i dont know yet.”

Regarding why Warner Bros. Games isn’t moving forward with more content, _FateUknown_ said, “Khaos reigns sold poorly.”

mortal kombat 1 woke

Fans reject woke content

Back in August saw fans reject the Cyrax game-play trailer; the footage revealed that Cyrax and Sektor had been gender swapped.

Fans voiced their dissatisfaction on Ed Boon’s X post, with some questioning if the woke gaming consulting group Sweet Baby Inc. has ruined the game. Prior to Mortal Kombat 1: Khaos Reigns, Warner Bros. released Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League which Sweet Baby Inc. was involved with. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League led to a $200 million loss at Warner Bros because of its huge failure.

“Why hell the did you change gender of both Cyrax and Sektor. They were one of favorite characters other then Cyber sub-zero from mk9 and Smoke. Thanks for telling me to not buy your game,” replied an X user at the time to Ed Boon.

Another added, “lol how stunning and brave of you. Cyrax is now an ugly woman. I bet your average Mortal Kombat fan LOVES the DEI character changes. What an absolute disgrace.”

About Matt McGloin

Matt McGloin is the editor-in-chief and publisher of Cosmic Book News, the independent entertainment news site he founded in 2008. He covers movies, comics, TV, video games and pop culture and has reported major industry scoops over the years, including revealing the Avengers: Endgame title ahead of its official announcement. Through Cosmic Book News, he helped Marvel Comics promote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova through exclusive previews, artwork, and interviews, with the site also quoted in solicitations and on comic covers. He also reported on Marvel’s Daredevil: Born Again retooling before it was later confirmed by the trades.

Recommended

Mortal Kombat II Box Office Starting To Look Like The Marvels (Report)
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Starting To Look Like The Marvels (Report)
Supergirl Tracking Opens Stronger Than Mortal Kombat II As Mandalorian Gets Big Bump
Supergirl Tracking Opens Stronger Than Mortal Kombat II As Mandalorian Gets Big Bump
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Falls Below Early Estimates After Saturday Drop
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Falls Below Early Estimates After Saturday Drop
Mortal Kombat II Made Johnny Cage A Washed-Up Loser — Is This Why Fans Didn’t Show Up?
Mortal Kombat II Made Johnny Cage A Washed-Up Loser — Is This Why Fans Didn’t Show Up?
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Estimates Drop Despite Highest Fan Score
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Estimates Drop Despite Highest Fan Score
Mortal Kombat II Review: Awe Sh-t!
Mortal Kombat II Review: Awe Sh-t!