Woah! The Han Solo Rotten Tomatoes score is in, and it’s not too good for a Star Wars or Disney movie!
Han Solo currently has a Rotten Tomatoes score of only 71%!
Presently, 65 reviews are accounted for with 46 Fresh to 19 Rotten.
Update 5/16 7:45pm EST: Han Solo is now down to 70% with 98 reviews; 69 Fresh to 29 Rotten.
The score gives Han Solo the third lowest of all the Star Wars films, following Phantom Menace (55%) and Attack of the Clones (66%).
I’m actually not surprised the score is so low as it follows the Disney Star Wars movies, which haven’t been all that good, and it follows Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which was simply awful.
The movie has also been rumored to have major problems, with industry insiders even stating it’s not any good.
I’m guessing if the box office return for Han Solo is lower than what Disney would like, we could see leadership changes at LucasFilm with the ouster of Kathleen Kennedy. Under Kennedy, Star Wars has gotten progressively worse, which should be unheard of as the franchise is an easy seller to the fans; however, Kennedy’s approach has been anything but fan-friendly.
Han Solo opens May 25.
Here are the Star Wars Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – 91%
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – 85%
- Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens – 93%
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith – 79%
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones – 66%
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace – 55%
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi – 80%
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – 95%
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope – 93%