Irish actor Domhnall Gleeson, known for Star Wars, is in final negotiations to join the DC Comics Vertigo movie, The Kitchen.
Domhnall Gleeson is set to play Gabriel O’Malley, an intense Vietnam vet who works for the neighborhood gangsters as a hitman before skipping town to avoid the police. He returns to settle scores when the wives take over.
Also starring in The Kitchen includes:
- Melissa McCarthy is playing an adoring mother who leads the women’s charge to take over the business.
- Tiffany Haddish plays a woman willing to kill anyone in the way of her plan.
- Elizabeth Moss will play a timid wife of an abusive husband who falls in love with the violence of her new life.
- Margo Martindale is playing a woman who runs the Irish mob behind the scenes.
- Bill Camp plays the boss of a Brooklyn Italian crime family.
- Brian D’Arcy James will play McCarthy’s husband.
The Kitchen is an Irish mafia story set in Hell’s Kitchen, New York in the 1970s, and is described as: an FBI sweep catches mob leaders, and while they are under arrest and their criminal enterprise is jeopardized, the mob wives take over. They end up running the illicit business in more vicious fashion than their husbands ever did.
Andrea Berloff is writing and directing The Kitchen, with Michael De Luca on board as producer who has also been named as a new producer on Suicide Squad 2.
The Kitchen comic was written by Ollie Masters, with art by Ming Doyle and Jordie Bellaire, and the cover art is by Becky Cloonan.