Following in the footsteps of Black Widow bombing at the box office, now Disney has decided to release Jungle Cruise early digitally as well.
Disney has announced Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, will be released digitally on Aug. 31 after only being in theaters for 30 days, where Disney did the same for Black Widow amid its disastrous box office.
Jungle Cruise currently has a near $155 million box office with another $30 million from its Disney Plus opening.
Regarding Black Widow, the Marvel flick only has a near $368 million box office, the lowest of any Marvel movie, with another $60 million from Disney Plus.
Scarlett Johanson has since decided to sue Disney over releasing Black Widow on Disney Plus instead of exclusively in theaters, and while there have been rumors that Emily Blunt would do the same, that seems doubtful as she recently signed on to star with The Rock again in a movie for Amazon through Johnson’s production company. The same has been said about Emma Stone, but Disney signed her for a sequel to Cruella, so Stone won’t be suing Disney anytime soon as well.
Check out the Jungle Cruise digital and Blu-Ray release details below.
Take a Riveting Ride Through the Amazon When Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ Docks Early on Digital, Aug. 31, and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD, Nov. 16
Experience the Adventure in a New Way With Expedition Mode! Plus, 11 Deleted Scenes, Bloopers and More …
Disney’s “Jungle Cruise,” starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, arrives on all major digital platforms on Aug. 31 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 16. “Jungle Cruise” fans can set sail on a rollicking thrill ride in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes. In addition, families can watch the adventure in a fun, exciting new way with Expedition Mode.
Seeking an ancient tree with healing abilities, Dr. Lily Houghton and wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff team up for the adventure of a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking ride down the Amazon. Amidst danger and supernatural forces lurking in the jungle, secrets of the lost tree unfold as their fate – and mankind’s – hangs in the balance.
Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” Bonus Features:
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose newfound friendship helped them project a natural on-screen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of “Jungle Cruise,” including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous “Jungle Cruise” attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water