GTA VI Price Talk Heats Up As Take-Two CEO Hints It Will Be ‘Reasonable’

GTA VI Price Talk Heats Up As Take-Two CEO Hints It Will Be ‘Reasonable’

GTA 6 is trending again, and this time it’s not because of a new trailer.

The latest round of buzz is tied to Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick, who addressed the big question fans have been debating for months: How much will Grand Theft Auto 6 actually cost?

Zelnick didn’t reveal the price, but his comments appear to push back on fears that Rockstar’s massive sequel could launch at a super-premium price point. GTA 6 is currently set to launch November 19, 2026, for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, according to Rockstar.

Take-Two CEO Talks GTA 6 Price

Speaking at iicon, a new conference for video game executives, Zelnick said Take-Two is focused on making sure players feel the price is fair compared to the value they are getting.

“Consumers pay for the value that you bring to them, and our job is to charge way way way less of the value delivery,” Zelnick said via IGN.

He added that the way fans feel about a purchase comes down to both the product and the price.

“Consumers need to feel like the thing itself is amazing and the price they were charged was fair for what they got,” he said.

That’s not a price reveal, but it does sound like Take-Two is aware of the backlash that could hit if GTA 6 comes in too high.

Is GTA 6 Going To Cost $100?

There has been plenty of speculation that GTA 6 could break the normal $70 price point and possibly go even higher.

Zelnick didn’t confirm anything, but he also didn’t lean into the idea of a $100 base game. Instead, he pointed out that game prices have stayed around $60 to $70 for years while inflation has climbed.

“If you look at it through that lens, that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense,” he said. “But that isn’t the lens through which we look.”

Zelnick said Take-Two is looking at how to “deliver something amazing” while making sure the price feels “very reasonable.”

That likely won’t end the debate, but fans looking for signs of a $100 sticker shock may not find it in these comments.

Zelnick Says GTA 6 Success Is A ‘Terrifying’ Question

Zelnick was also asked how Take-Two will measure the success of GTA 6, which is a loaded question considering how big the franchise has become.

He said he is “terrified” of the question, but stressed that the company is more focused on the game itself than the numbers.

“What we think about is making the most spectacular piece of entertainment on Earth, in history – and it’s a pretty daunting challenge,” Zelnick said. “If we do that, and if we’re of service to our customers, then the upside will take care of itself.”

He also joked that “a lot of people will be calling in sick on November 19,” which will probably be true.

GTA 6 Still Set For November

Rockstar previously confirmed that Grand Theft Auto VI will now release Thursday, November 19, 2026, after being delayed from its earlier May 2026 date. Rockstar said the extra time would allow the team to finish the game with the level of polish fans expect.

The game will launch on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. No PC release date has been announced.

About Patrick Scanlon

Patrick Scanlon writes about pop culture for Cosmic Book News. He has a strong interest in comics, animation, movies, and entertainment, and hopes to one day create his own comic books and animated projects. Outside of writing, Patrick also enjoys computer engineering and coding.

Recommended

GTA 6 Price Fears Cool Down As Take-Two CEO Talks ‘Fair’ Cost
GTA 6 Price Fears Cool Down As Take-Two CEO Talks ‘Fair’ Cost
James Bond Game Adds Lennie James As John Greenway
James Bond Game Adds Lennie James As John Greenway
Injustice 3 Rumor Heats Up As WB Games Artist Lists DC Sequel
Injustice 3 Rumor Heats Up As WB Games Artist Lists DC Sequel
Helldivers 2 Update Reactions Overwhelmingly Negative As Players Rip Latest Nerfs
Helldivers 2 Update Reactions Overwhelmingly Negative As Players Rip Latest Nerfs
Trump Shooting Suspect Identified As Teacher And Video Game Developer, Cole Tomas Allen
Trump Shooting Suspect Identified As Teacher And Video Game Developer, Cole Tomas Allen
Venom Game Reportedly Canceled Over Tony Todd’s Death, But New Claim Raises Questions
Venom Game Reportedly Canceled Over Tony Todd’s Death, But New Claim Raises Questions