Disney Star Wars ‘Putting All Their Chips’ In Rey

Disney Star Wars ‘Putting All Their Chips’ In Rey

It’s again claimed that Daisy Ridley and Rey are the future of Star Wars.

A new rumor actually goes so far as to say multiple movies are in development that will focus on and feature Daisy Ridley as Rey.

daisy ridley rey star wars

What is said about Star Wars and Rey?

As I recently went over, it’s claimed that Daisy Ridley and Rey are the future of Star Wars, but I’m calling that complete BS.

What I think is going on is that there are various bozo producers at Lucasfilm who want to continue with Rey, so they are pushing articles in the trades and with scoopers in the hopes it gains traction and gets greenlit by Disney. Recall how I said that and then literally the next day, Disney yanked that  Dec. 18, 2026 release date.

So now scooper Daniel RPK is doubling down on the Rey Star Wars BS. He tells fans who actually pay for his scoops that Disney and Lucasfilm are putting all their chips in Rey.

It’s claimed that the recently announced Simon Kinberg Star Wars trilogy is all about Rey, and that there is even ANOTHER movie in development with Rey involved. That’s all in addition to the Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Rey movie that is supposed to be still happening, yet it has lost superstar writers on two occasions and again, lost its release date.

I think it has even been claimed that Shawn Levy will be using Rey in his Star Wars movie, if that ever gets made (however, instead of Disney greenlighting Deadpool & Wolverine 2, Ryan Reynolds is now writing a new movie for himself, Hugh Jackman, and Levy).

It’s probably safe to say that there is no way all these Rey Star Wars movies are happening. Of all the recent announcements, I could only see the James Mangold Star Wars movie actually happening, which is minus Rey.

Daisy Ridley just signed on to a new movie from Martin Campbell that’s not Star Wars, which preceded the news about the release date getting yanked. Maybe we’ll see all these new Star Wars movies released at the same time as that new Rian Johnson trilogy, eh?

About Matt McGloin

Matt McGloin is the editor-in-chief and publisher of Cosmic Book News, the independent entertainment news site he founded in 2008. He covers movies, comics, TV, video games and pop culture and has reported major industry scoops over the years, including revealing the Avengers: Endgame title ahead of its official announcement. Through Cosmic Book News, he helped Marvel Comics promote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova through exclusive previews, artwork, and interviews, with the site also quoted in solicitations and on comic covers. He also reported on Marvel’s Daredevil: Born Again retooling before it was later confirmed by the trades.

Recommended

Star Wars Fans Reject Disney Sequels And The Acolyte On May The 4th
Star Wars Fans Reject Disney Sequels And The Acolyte On May The 4th
The Mandalorian And Grogu Box Office Underperforming As Star Wars Worries Grow
The Mandalorian And Grogu Box Office Underperforming As Star Wars Worries Grow
Lupita Nyong’o Responds To The Odyssey Backlash: First Look Revealed
Lupita Nyong’o Responds To The Odyssey Backlash: First Look Revealed
Sinners Joins Halloween Horror Nights With Club Juke Haunted House
Sinners Joins Halloween Horror Nights With Club Juke Haunted House
Zach Cregger Says ‘Resident Evil’ Is About Dread, Not Action
Zach Cregger Says ‘Resident Evil’ Is About Dread, Not Action
Supergirl Needs $425 Million Box Office To Be Considered A Win?
Supergirl Needs $425 Million Box Office To Be Considered A Win?