Update #2: BB-8 Target exclusive revealed (video).
Update #3: Target price list and coupons revealed (see below).
Friday, September 4th marks “Force Friday,” the day Disney will unleash the Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise upon the world.
Now it’s learned select Target stores will be opening at midnight to kick off the event.
Thanks to Target worker on Reddit, TargetRebelSpy, details and images have become known.
• 207 Target stores are opening at midnight on Force Friday, Sept. 4, so you can be the first to get all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens items.
• Check target.com and enter your zip code to find participating stores.
• While not every Target story is participating in the midnight launch, Target stores are participating in “Share The Force Saturday,” which is labeled as an “exciting in-store event that will include an exclusive giveaway and unique interactive photo opportunities got guests to #sharetheforce on social media.”
• The front of the stores will have stormtrooper door clings, an “interactive Chewbacca stanchion” and an overhead TIE fighter. In the seasonal department, Target stores will have an X-Wing fight cockpit photo op and an overheard TIE fighter/X-Wing fight scene.
• Each store will also have one or two 48″ Darth Vaders that will retail at $99.99.
TargetRebelSpy also provided the following images:
A Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt is also revealed (via Reddit):
New collectibles, books and apparel will land on September 4, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. — “Force Friday” — with stores around the world opening their doors at midnight for a special celebration of all things Star Wars.
“Every lightsaber, every action figure, every LEGO set tells a story for generations of Star Wars fans, and this global event is a celebration of those stories. We’re excited to be part of the countdown to this enormous movie moment,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president, global licensing, Disney Consumer Products.
Fans wanting to be the first to get their hands on Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise can set their hyperspace and social media coordinates now: They will be able to visit their local retailer starting at midnight on September 4, and are encouraged to document their experience using the hashtags #ForceFriday and #MidnightMadness. A wide-range of products — from toys and collectibles, to books and comics, ebooks and apps, to apparel and lifestyle accessories — will be available at mass retailers and Disney Store locations worldwide, as well as on DisneyStore.com.
Target Price List:
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has a December 18, 2015 release directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer: