Warner Bros. Discovery has decided to drop DC Comics from the floor of the San Diego Comic-Con.
THR reports Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is making big changes to the company’s approach to Comic-Con which will see, for the first time, WB and DC not having a presence on the convention floor.
Over the years, I have attended various conventions, including the NYC and SDCC, and WB and DC put on quite the display (see below) with booths for the comics and movies where fans were able to meet various creators, get their comics signed, check out movie costumes, etc.
Well, that’s all gone.
The Warner Bros. Discovery official press release about the DC plans did mention five panels for DC Comics:
- Jim Lee and Friends — Join world-renowned comic book artist and DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee in this can’t-miss panel featuring some of his comic book colleagues to talk with them about some of the top-secret comic books coming from DC! Special guests and surprises galore!
- Gotham — In a town like Gotham City, it takes the bravest Super Heroes to keep the city safe from some of the worst villains in crime. Don’t miss this panel that dives deep into some of the heroes, anti-heroes and super-villains that make Gotham the wildest city in all of comics! DC Executive Editor Ben Abernathy will moderate a discussion with Ram V (Detective Comics), Sean Gordon Murphy (Batman: Beyond the White Knight), Tini Howard (Catwoman), Jock (Batman: One Dark Knight) and more.
- Dark Crisis — The epic event 30 years in the making is here! Don’t miss out on hearing from the key members of talent behind Dark Crisis, Dark Crisis: Young Justice, The Flash, and Worlds Without a Justice League, including Joshua Williamson, Daniel Sampere, Meghan Fitzmartin, Tom King and Jeremy Adams for exclusive details on what’s to come!
- Tom Taylor & Tom King in Conversation — 2022 Eisner Award Nominees Tom King & Tom Taylor are kicking off San Diego Comic-Con together by discussing writing Nightwing, The Human Target, Supergirl: World of Tomorrow and Superman: Son of Kal-El, and what’s in store for the future. A few surprise guests will be stopping by.
- Comics Are Fun for Everyone — No matter if you are a casual fan, a YA fan, completely new to comics or a weekly warrior, comics are meant to be fun and for everyone! We’ll be highlighting comics and graphic novels from across the DC Multiverse, as well as animation and more in this fun-filled panel. DC Senior Editor Katie Kubert will be joined by Daniel Warren Johnson & Juan Gedeon (Jurassic League), Kami Garcia (Constantine: Distorted Illusions), Becky Cloonan & Michael Conrad (Batgirls) and more!
The San Diego Comic-Con runs July 21-25.