Scott Snyder, comiXology and Dark Horse announced a new line of creator-owned comics featuring eight titles co-created with Rafael Albuquerque, Greg Capullo, Francesco Francavilla, Jamal Igle, Jock, Tula Lotay, Francis Manapul, and Dan Panosian.
The comics will first be released digitally through Amazon’s comiXology and then in print through Dark Horse.
Check out the official details below.
ComiXology Originals and Scott Snyder’s Best Jackett Press Announce Multi-Title Deal
Snyder to pen eight titles co-created with Rafael Albuquerque, Greg Capullo, Francesco Francavilla, Jamal Igle, Jock, Tula Lotay, Francis Manapul, and Dan Panosian
Titles to be digital first on comiXology and Kindle, then in print via Dark Horse Books
Scott Snyder is coming to comiXology Originals in a big way. ComiXology’s exclusive content line, comiXology Originals, and Scott Snyder’s publishing company, Best Jackett Press, announced today that Snyder will be writing eight new titles for comiXology Originals. The titles will be made available as digital first releases exclusively on comiXology and Kindle with all eight titles collected in print and released at a later date by Dark Horse Books.
With these new titles, #1 New York Times bestselling writer Snyder is returning to his creator-owned roots and collaborating with some of the biggest artists in comics, including Rafael Albuquerque, Greg Capullo, Francesco Francavilla, Jamal Igle, Jock, Tula Lotay, Francis Manapul, and Dan Panosian. Legendary comics editor Will Dennis is overseeing the titles.
“This historic, multi-title deal with comiXology Originals has enabled us to assemble a murderers’ row of artists and together we’re challenging ourselves creatively to work outside of our comfort zones and really lean into the possibilities of making comics,” said Scott Snyder. “This deal allows me the freedom to explore the kind of storytelling I’ve wanted to try for a long time, while supporting my need to try something that’s not totally comfortable for me.”
“Massive in scope and creative range, these comics embrace all the things you love about Scott Snyder as a writer, while offering stories that are unexpected and new,” said comiXology’s Head of Content Chip Mosher. “Teamed with the best artists in the business, these creator-owned comics range from horror and sci-fi to historical fiction, there’s truly something for everyone.”
The titles include:
- BARNSTORMERS written by Scott Snyder with art by Tula Lotay and colors by Tula Lotay and Dee Cunniffe—A high flying adventure romance set just after the First World War.
- THE BOOK OF EVIL written by Scott Snyder with illustrations by Jock—A prose story about four young friends growing up in a strange, near future where over 90% of the population are born as psychopaths.
- CANARY written by Scott Snyder with art and colors by Dan Panosian—It’s 1891 and a mine collapses into itself. Find out what the dark substance found 666 feet underground is in this horror Western!
- CLEAR written by Scott Snyder with art and colors by Francis Manapul—A sci-fi mystery thrill-ride into a strange dystopian future, where a neurological internet connection is transforming reality.
- DUCK AND COVER written by Scott Snyder with art by Rafael Albuquerque—A manga-influenced teen adventure set in the strange post-apocalyptic America… of 1955. In conjunction with Albuquerque’s Stout Club Entertainment.
- DUDLEY DATSON AND THE FOREVER MACHINE written by Scott Snyder with art by Jamal Igle and Juan Castro and colors by Chris Sotomayor—A rollicking adventure story about a boy, his dog and a machine that controls time and space! What could go wrong?
- NIGHT OF THE GHOUL written by Scott Snyder with art and colors by Francesco Francavilla—A dazzling work of horror, intercutting between the present day narrative and the story of a lost horror film.
- WE HAVE DEMONS written by Scott Snyder with art by Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion and colors by Dave McCaig—The conflict between good and evil is about to come to a head when a teenage hero embarks on a journey that unveils a secret society, monsters, and mayhem.
“Scott Snyder is one of the pre-eminent writers in comics,” said Dark Horse Publisher Mike Richardson. “We look forward to seeing these new titles join the ranks of Dark Horse’s creator-owned classics, like Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston’s Black Hammer, Mike Mignola’s Hellboy, Frank Miller’s Sin City, and Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá’s Umbrella Academy.”
The first titles arrive this October. Additional details on exactly how the comiXology Originals’ Best Jackett Press titles will be digitally released will be announced closer to release.
“Our goal at comiXology is to make everyone in the world a lifelong comics, graphic novel, or manga fan,” said comiXology CEO and co-founder David Steinberger, who oversees comics for Amazon worldwide. “With Best Jacket Press joining comiXology Originals, there is now a library of nearly 50 creator-owned titles that are available in our subscriptions services. With over 30,000 books in comiXology Unlimited and these forthcoming titles from Scott, the value comiXology Originals brings to comiXology Unlimited and Kindle Unlimited customers is far beyond the modest monthly costs.”
“One of the things I’m so excited about is experimenting to find new ways to build and nurture a community of readers,” said Snyder. “We want each release to be an event and we can’t wait for readers to see what we have planned, whether they’re reading via comiXology Unlimited, print, or both.”
ComiXology Originals titles are available at no additional cost for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, and comiXology Unlimited, and for purchase on the Amazon Kindle Store and comiXology. Prime Reading offers all Amazon Prime members a rotating selection of over a thousand top Kindle books, magazines, short works, comic books, children’s books, and more – all at no additional cost. Kindle Unlimited gives customers access to more than 1 million titles, including thousands of audio books, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month with a free trial period at amazon.com/kindleunlimited. ComiXology Unlimited offers over 30,000 comics, graphic novels and manga for just $5.99 a month with a 30-day free trial at comixology.com/unlimited.