Warner Bros. is claiming that Ray Fisher is not cooperating with its Justice League investigation and denies recent allegations in regards to Walter Hamada, the current head of DC films.
Following earlier allegations made by Fisher against Justice League director Joss Whedon and producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, among which includes that Fisher claims Johns threatened his career, Warner Bros. opened up an official investigation into the matter.
This Friday then saw Ray Fisher tweet that Walter Hamada had called him and asked that Fisher throw Whedon and Berg "under the bus" while taking back what he said about Johns:
So you can better understand how deep this goes: After speaking out about Justice League, I received a phone call from the President of DC Films wherein he attempted to throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus in hopes that I would relent on Geoff Johns. I will not.
So you can better understand how deep this goes:— Ray Fisher (@ray8fisher) September 4, 2020
After speaking out about Justice League, I received a phone call from the President of DC Films wherein he attempted to throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus in hopes that I would relent on Geoff Johns.
I will not.
Warner Bros. releases official statement on Ray Fisher
Warner Bros. has now responded and released an official statement offering that while Hamada did speak with Fisher in July about a return to The Flash movie, Fisher complained that he didn't like what was going to happen with his character and that "his suggested script revisions were not adopted."
The statement says: "At no time did Mr. Hamada ever 'throw anyone under the bus,' as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the 'Justice League' production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position."
The statement also says Fisher insisted WB hire a third party to investigate, but that "this investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator."
Here is the full statement from WB's spokesperson (via THR):
In July, Ray Fisher’s representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of “Justice League.” The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League. In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters. Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr. Hamada ever “throw anyone under the bus,” as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the “Justice League” production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.
While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.
Update: Fisher has responded offering he did speak with the investigator:
It’s also worth noting that I made it clear to the world on Aug 21st that I would be vetting the investigator to ensure a fair and protected process for all witnesses. @wbpictures has escalated this to an entirely different level, but I’m ready to meet the challenge.— Ray Fisher (@ray8fisher) September 5, 2020
Update #2: Fisher has released a 15-minute video with more allegations against Geoff Johns, and more.