Arnold Schwarzenegger Turned Down Predator For Terminator 6

‘The Expendabelles’ All-Female Expendables Movie Back In Development

Arnold Schwarzenegger kicked the Predator franchise off back in 1987 and hasn’t returned to the series since, and now it’s learned he turned down the latest film in favor of Terminator 6.Ā 

ā€œThe studio wanted a fresher movie that featured an evolving cast. They didn’t want to hinge the movie on the re-emergence of Schwarzenegger,ā€ director Shane Black told Digital Spy. ā€œIt would probably be more of a matter of his showing up briefly and just participating at the very end, at the climax of the movie.ā€

Arnold actually revealed last year that he wasn’t going to do a new Predator, which Black says he completely gets.

ā€œUnderstandably – and believe me, I completely get it – he said, ā€˜Look, that’s kind of a small part, and I don’t really think I want to do that. I’m off to do Terminator with Jim Cameron, basically. Or for Jim Cameron’,ā€ Black explained. ā€œSo I totally got it, you know? If I was Schwarzenegger, I’d want to be one of the stars of a film, or nothing.ā€

Shane Black did note there is always the potential to have Arnold Schwarzenegger back if there is a sequel.

ā€œI even said to him, ā€˜If you’re in this one, we would open it up for the sequel, because now you’re back in the franchise’,ā€ Black added. ā€œSo you know, if there’s another movie, there’s no reason why he couldn’t be either in it, or the star of it, or whatever someone decides at a future date.ā€

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Regarding Arnold Schwarzenegger and Terminator 6, the actor is currenly in Budapest, Hungary for filming and recently announced a contest where a fan can visit him on set. It’s been said this time around the movie will explain why Skynet chose the body of Arnold’s character as the model of their Terminator cyborg killing machines.

Predator gets released this week, with Terminator 6 on November 22, 2019.

About Matt McGloin

Matt McGloin is the editor-in-chief and publisher of Cosmic Book News, the independent entertainment news site he founded in 2008. He covers movies, comics, TV, video games and pop culture and has reported major industry scoops over the years, including revealing the Avengers: Endgame title ahead of its official announcement. Through Cosmic Book News, he helped Marvel Comics promote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova through exclusive previews, artwork, and interviews, with the site also quoted in solicitations and on comic covers. He also reported on Marvel’s Daredevil: Born Again retooling before it was later confirmed by the trades.

Recommended

‘The Expendabelles’ All-Female Expendables Movie Back In Development
‘The Expendabelles’ All-Female Expendables Movie Back In Development
Masters of the Universe Box Office Tracking Soft With Jared Leto Missing From Marketing
Masters of the Universe Box Office Tracking Soft With Jared Leto Missing From Marketing
Zack Snyder Fires Up Superman Fans With Henry Cavill Post
Zack Snyder Fires Up Superman Fans With Henry Cavill Post
The Mandalorian & Grogu First Reactions Raise Red Flags: ā€˜Dull,’ ā€˜Snooze Fest,’ ā€˜Weakest Star Wars Movies’
The Mandalorian & Grogu First Reactions Raise Red Flags: ā€˜Dull,’ ā€˜Snooze Fest,’ ā€˜Weakest Star Wars Movies’
Spider-Man: Brand New Day Featurette Shows ā€œSpider-Man On The Streetā€ With New Poster
Spider-Man: Brand New Day Featurette Shows ā€œSpider-Man On The Streetā€ With New Poster
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Starting To Look Like The Marvels (Report)
Mortal Kombat II Box Office Starting To Look Like The Marvels (Report)