The casting call information for director Darren Aronofsky’s “The Wolverine” has been released with filming set to take place in NYC and Tokyo, Japan.
No word has been released whether or not the recent Japanese disasters will effect shooting.
This movie is a stand alone – and not a sequel to the previous Wolverine movies. Its being based off the comic book mini-series Wolverine from Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.
The casting call info has given us a bit of background on the story with:
“After getting into trouble in his native Canada, a Japanese man named Zen arranges for Logan’s release and offers to answer questions about his origin if Logan will accompany him to Tokyo.”
Look for “The Wolverine” sometime in 2012 directed by Darren Aronofsky, produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and John Palermo and starring Hugh Jackman.
Casting info courtesy FeatureFilmCasting:
• Male, Japanese. Mid to late 6-0’s, slight build with discernible looks. Lead role.
• Female, Japanese. Early to late 20’s. Quintessential beauty, very graceful and majestic. Lead role.
• Male, Japanese. Early to mid-50’s. Exceptionally brilliant, timelessly powerful and in-shape. Lead role.
• Female, Eurasian. Early to late 20’s. Proficient Karate skills, amazing stature, well-spoken, sensual. Lead role.
• Male, Japanese. Early to late 40’s. Large character type thug, shady, egotistical. Supporting.
• Male, Japanese. Early to late 20’s. Handsome, well conditioned. Supporting role.
• Male, Japanese. Mid to late 20-s. Mobster type, smooth operator, cunning, Supporting role.
• Female, Caucasian. Mid 20’s. Must speak both English and Japanese. Supporting role.