More information can be found below the trailer.
Title: â€œHalo 4â€
Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Developer: 343 Industries
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system; Xbox LIVE-enabled
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Price: $59.99 (U.S.) ERP1 Standard Edition
$99.99 (U.S.) ERP1 Limited Edition
Availability: Nov. 6, 2012
Overview: â€œHalo 4â€ marks the beginning of a new saga in the blockbuster franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries exclusively for Xbox 360, â€œHalo 4â€ ushers in the return of mankindâ€™s greatest hero, the Master Chief, in a newly envisioned, epic sci-fi adventure.
Set nearly five years after the events of â€œHalo 3,â€ â€œHalo 4â€ follows the Master Chief and his faithful artificial intelligence (AI) companion Cortana as they venture into a mysterious new world and discover an overpowering ancient evil that threatens to annihilate mankind. With humanityâ€™s fate hanging in the balance, the Master Chief and Cortana are thrust into a desperate mission against overwhelming odds to save mankind from the threat of imminent extinction.
As one of the biggest video game franchises in history, the â€œHaloâ€ series has sold more than 42 million games to date, generating nearly $3 billion in total franchise sales. â€œHalo 4â€ takes the award-winning series in a bold new direction, delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, together with a groundbreaking multiplayer offering rooted in â€œHaloâ€ fiction â€”setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.
Features2: Top features include the following:
Â· A new â€œHaloâ€ saga begins. â€œHalo 4â€ marks the dawn of a blockbuster new game series, the Reclaimer Saga, centered on the Master Chief ashe embarks on an emotional journey fraught with personal demons and the most daunting challenges heâ€™s ever faced. Featuring a darker and more personal story that reintroduces the iconic hero as a genuinely human character, â€œHalo 4â€ sets players on an epic sci-fi voyage that will span the next decade of â€œHaloâ€ games.
As the story unfolds, the Master Chief and his relationship with Cortana will evolve in deep and meaningful ways that will resonate through the entire Reclaimer Saga.
Â· A powerful and riveting campaign. Brace for a thrilling, action-packed adventure deep inside a mysterious new world to confront the gravest threat humanity has ever faced. Harness a vast arsenal of futuristic human and alien weaponry, abilities, and vehicles as you step back into the boots of the Master Chief and wage a desperate war against an overpowering new nemesis and a deadly new class of technologically advanced foes â€”the Prometheans â€”that will challenge you to employ innovative new combat tactics.2
With increased pace and action, greater epic encounters, new interactive story elements, and more combat freedom than ever before, â€œHalo 4â€ delivers the seriesâ€™ most dynamic and explosive campaign yet â€”whether you take up the fight solo or launch a cooperative assault with up to four players over Xbox LIVE.
Â· A revolutionary new multiplayer experience. â€œHalo 4â€ introduces the groundbreaking â€œHalo Infinity Multiplayerâ€ offering that will redefine the award-winning series and revolutionize the way people think about storytelling and multiplayer gameplay.
– Birth of your Spartan: Infinity. The hub of the â€œHalo 4â€ multiplayer experience is the UNSC Infinity â€”the largest starship in the UNSC fleet that serves as the center of your Spartan career. Here, youâ€™ll build your custom Spartan-IV supersoldier and progress your multiplayer career across all â€œHalo 4â€ competitive and cooperative game modes. As you advance your Spartan career aboard the largest starship in the UNSC fleet, your multiplayer experience will be embedded in the fiction of â€œHaloâ€ like never before, where your progress and game choices affect your appearance, your arsenal and your role on the battlefield.
– Spartan Ops. The story of the UNSC Infinity intersects with the â€œHalo 4â€ campaign, and then continues on in a brand-new, story-driven experience known as Spartan Ops. A first-of-its-kind, exciting new addition to the â€œHaloâ€ franchise,Spartan Ops is an episodic adventure that blends immersive storytelling, high-quality cinematics and action-packed gameplay to deliver an unprecedented serialized experience.
Through a weekly series of cinematic episodes, Spartan Ops will tell the continuing story of the UNSC Infinity, following the events of â€œHalo 4.â€ These episodes will center on the UNSC Infinity leaders and crew as well as a new team of Spartans â€”Majestic Squad. These cinematic episodes will provide the backdrop for the weekly Spartan Ops gameplay missions. Playable in single-player or cooperatively with up to four players, Spartan Ops lets you explore the corners of Requiem in objective-based missions and help uncover the secrets of the mysterious Forerunner world.
A massive-scale adventure that builds off the â€œHalo 4â€ story, access to Spartan Ops is included with â€œHalo 4â€ at no additional charge â€”effectively delivering two campaign experiences in one game.
– War Games. The competitive multiplayer modes of â€œHalo 4,â€ known asWar Games,take place on the combat deck of the UNSC Infinity and revive the visceral and immersive experiences that â€œHaloâ€ multiplayer is famous for. Featuring 10 diverse and action-packed new multiplayer maps at launch, â€œHalo 4â€ introduces a broad variety of immersive new game modes and strategies to help you progress your Spartan-IV career, while delivering an experience thatâ€™s distinctly â€œHalo.â€
– Total combat freedom and player progression. â€œHalo 4â€ features a vastly expanded suite of new multiplayer modes, weapons, vehicles and armor abilities; a new loadout and player progression system; and a new armor modification system that introduces gameplay-enhancing customizations for the first time in a â€œHaloâ€ game. These advancements can be used in both Spartan Ops and certain War Games matchmaking playlists, empowering playersâ€™ choices, vastly expanding their creative options, and making the experience deeper for core fans and more approachable for newcomers.
The â€œHalo 4â€ player progression system goes beyond simple aesthetic upgrades, encouraging players to invest time and effort to create a Spartan that looks and plays the way they want. Players can obtain and activate combat enhancements called â€œSpecializationsâ€ based on the style of play they engage in, from stealth to all-out assault and everything in between.
Â· Redefining the â€œHaloâ€ game engine. Built on the backbone of the engine that revolutionized the shooter genre and console gaming, â€œHalo 4â€ provides a more visceral and visually stunning â€œHaloâ€ experience than ever before, taking a massive leap forward with all-new engine technology, including state-of-the-art graphics, lighting, animation, audio, physics, motion-capture cinematics and AI. All these systems have been dramatically overhauled or redesigned from the ground up to deliver the most visually striking and immersive â€œHaloâ€ game to date.
Â· Gripping music and audio. From acclaimed producer and composer Neil Davidge of the famed trip hop group Massive Attack comes a sweeping musical score that captures the heroic spirit and emotional intensity of the Master Chiefâ€™s adventure. Combined with all-new audio recordings for every weapon and sound effect in the game, the action gets up close and personal, delivering an impactful experience that resonates as powerfully as an epic Hollywood blockbuster.
Â· Building on the â€œHaloâ€ legacy. â€œHalo 4â€ delivers one of the most anticipated entertainment launches of the year, building on the â€œHaloâ€ franchise that has accomplished the following:
– Sold more than 42 million game copies to date
– Made nearly $3 billion in franchise sales over its lifetime
– Amassed more than 3.3 billion hours of Xbox LIVE gameplay
– Inspired books, comics, graphic novels and strategy guides that have sold more than 9 million copies (Eight of the 10 novels are New York Times best-sellers.)
– Garnered more than 580 media and industry awards, accolades and nominations
â€œHalo 4: Forward Unto Dawnâ€
– October 2012 (worldwide)debut of five weekly episodes available via the Machinima Prime channel on YouTube and Halo Waypoint
– Nov. 6, 2012 , launch of the â€œHalo 4: Forward Unto Dawnâ€ Special Edition, an extended edit with additional footage and bonus content as part of the â€œHalo 4â€ Limited Edition
Overview: Premiering this October on Machinimaâ€™s YouTube channel and on Halo Waypoint, â€œHalo 4: Forward Unto Dawnâ€ is a groundbreaking, live-action digital series that takes fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human-Covenant wars, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSCâ€™s greatest vessel: the UNSCInfinity. â€œHalo 4: Forward Unto Dawnâ€ delivers an emotional, action-packed story of heroism and sacrifice that leads into the events of â€œHalo 4,â€ the biggest entertainment event of 2012.
The â€œHalo 4â€ Limited Edition will include access to the 90-minute â€œHalo 4: Forward Unto Dawnâ€ Special Edition via Halo Waypoint, with never-before-seen bonus footage, as well as bonus content and behind-the-scenes videos.
The â€œHaloâ€ franchise is an award-winning collection of properties that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon. Beginning with the original â€œHalo: Combat Evolvedâ€ (2001), the critically acclaimed and record-shattering series of games has since inspired multiple New York Times bestselling novels, comic books, action figures, apparel and more.
Published by Microsoft Studios, the â€œHaloâ€ franchise of games is exclusive to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. To date, more than 42 million copies of â€œHaloâ€ games have been sold worldwide, driving more than 3.3 billion hours of gameplay by people connected to Xbox LIVE.
About 343 Industries
343 Industries is the publisher and developer of the blockbuster â€œHaloâ€ series of videogames and, as part of Microsoft Studios, oversees the â€œHaloâ€ franchise, including novels, comics, licensed collectibles, apparel and more. 343 Industries is home to world-class developers working on the Reclaimer Saga, which commences with the arrival of â€œHalo 4â€ on Nov. 6, 2012, exclusively on Xbox 360.
1Estimated retail price. Actual retail prices may vary.
2Online multiplayer and Spartan Ops gameplay requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership (sold separately). Minimum 8GB USB flash drive or Xbox 360 hard drive required for â€œHalo Infinity Multiplayer.â€ For an optimal experience, play with an Xbox 360 hard drive. (For Xbox 360 4GB, Arcade and Core consoles, Xbox 360 hard drive is sold separately). See http://storage.halo4.com for specifications.