This is the first I’ve heard of this, but if they make Nova or Quasar available I’m all for it.
Next year will see the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Game debut from Margaret Weis Productions with 16 products.
And apparently you can play Civil War, Annihilation and Age of Apocalypse! In addition, the GM is known as The Watcher! (see below for more)
The Margaret Weis Productions website posted the following Captain America Date File along with some info.
70 years ago, one of Marvel Comics’ most popular and endearing characters burst upon the scene: CAPTAIN AMERICA. Created by comic book legends Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, Cap’s popularity is at an all-time high. As part of our lead-up to the release of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Basic Game in February 2012 we are pleased to give you a sneak peek of the Sentinel of Liberty.
Click to enlarge:
This comes via RPGTreeHouse.com:
* Cortex Plus based. Uses d4, d6, d8, d10, d12.
* Traits rated by dice. No “default” attributes.
* Actions use dice from appropriate traits. All actions are opposed by reaction rolls. No fixed difficulty.
* Powers are grouped into Power Sets with special effects (SFX) and limits.
* Skills are grouped into broad Specialties such as Covert, Crime, Menace, Science, and Tech.
* Character baseline action die is one of three Affiliations: Solo, Buddy, Team, rated from d6 to d10.
* Default presentation is Marvel characters prepared for play, but you’re able to make your own.
* Product line is event-based, i.e. event books for Civil War, Annihilation, Age of Apocalypse in 2012.
* Operations Manual is the rulebook which first appears in the Basic Game softcover ($20, February) and later bundled with premium edition event books ($40) though essentials editions will be available for event books if you don’t want to buy the Op Manual again ($30)
* GM is called the Watcher and specific rules exist to enable him to force narrative. Otherwise narrative is shared w/players.
* No “generic” versions of Marvel characters. All are tied to specific events or points in Marvel history. Basic Game has two dozen heroes for play based on the first story arc of New Avengers from 2005 (“Breakout”), including New Avengers, FF, X-Men.