Soundtrack Executive Produced by JFK of MSTRKRFT/Death From Above 1979 Burbank, CA (March 24, 2011) - WaterTower Music and Teenage Riot Records have unveiled the details of the album Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors. This collection of electronic music inspired by the upcoming Mortal Kombat game is being executive produced by JFK (of the DJ/ production duo MSTRKRFT and Death From Above 1979) and is set for release April 5th.
JFK has assembled a spectacular group of DJs and producers to continue the tradition of weaving electronic music into the Mortal Kombat aesthetic. He enthusiastically describes the project, saying "It's always exciting to have the opportunity to write music for something outside of the traditional means, especially when it is for a project like Mortal Kombat that has had such pop cultural significance for so long. It‚Äôs a great step forward for the ways that video games can interact with music across unique genres and mediums."
That same excitement has been echoed by the artists who are contributing to the project. "I've been a Mortal Kombat fan since Mortal Kombat 2 came out on Sega Genesis. This was completely a passion project for me, and I'm so honored to be a part of the Mortal Kombat legacy!" declares glitch-step wunderkind Skrillex, who contributes ‚ÄúReptile‚Äôs Theme‚ÄĚ to the project.
Celebrated producer Harvard Bass, who recorded ‚ÄúHelado (Sub-Zero‚Äôs Theme)‚ÄĚ for the collection, adds emphatically "When I found out I was going to work on music for Mortal Kombat, I almost lost it. I've been a huge fan of the game and it was a privilege to be a part of video game history." And DJ and producer Congorock says ‚ÄúMortal Kombat has shocked me since the first time I played it‚Ä¶for the album I went for something more atmospheric and less clubby, but still it feels like a dream coming true.‚ÄĚ
MORTAL KOMBAT: SONGS INSPIRED BY THE WARRIORS TRACK LISTING:
1. Deathstalker (Scorpion's Theme) ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† JFK of MSTRKRFT
2. Mileena's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Tokimonsta
3. Helado (Sub-Zero's Theme) ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Harvard Bass
4. Liu Kang's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Congorock
5. Goro's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Bird Peterson
6. Reptile's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Skrillex
7. Raiden's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 9th Wonder
8. Johnny Cage's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† LA Riots
9. Baraka's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Run DMT
10. Kung Lao's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Felix Cartal
11. Kano's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Them Jeans
12. Shao Kahn's Theme ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Sound Of Stereo
Mortal Kombat will be in stores April 19 for the PlayStation¬ģ3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360¬ģ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The newest chapter in the legendary video game series marks a triumphant return to the mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Mortal Kombat will introduce a number of new game-play features including tag team, a deeper story mode and nostalgic online and offline arcade battles. Players will be able to choose from an extensive lineup of the game‚Äôs iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches as well as several new game modes.
For more information about Mortal Kombat, log onto www.themortalkombat.com and¬†visit www.facebook.com/mortalkombat.
ABOUT WATERTOWER MUSIC:
WATERTOWER MUSIC, the in-house music label for Warner Bros. Pictures Inc., has been releasing recorded music since 2002. Distributed by Fontana Distribution, the independent arm of Universal Music Group Distribution, WTM has released over 75 titles, including the film soundtracks to the multi-platinum ‚ÄúHairspray,‚ÄĚ ‚ÄúSex and the City,‚ÄĚ ‚ÄúValentine‚Äôs Day,‚ÄĚ ‚ÄúThe Hangover,‚ÄĚ ‚ÄúSherlock Holmes,‚ÄĚ¬†and ‚ÄúHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ‚Äď Part 1.‚ÄĚ The 2011 WaterTower release schedule includes the soundtracks to ‚ÄúThe Hangover 2,‚ÄĚ ‚ÄúGreen Lantern,‚ÄĚ and ‚ÄúHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ‚Äď Part 2.‚ÄĚ
ABOUT TEENAGE RIOT RECORDS:
Teenage Riot Records was born from conversations between Jesse F. Keeler of MSTRKRFT and Adrian Martinez of Undocumented Management. They realized that there was a need for a simple, fair and safe place for artists to put out their music, done in a way that answers the challenges and needs created by the new digital age of music. In other words, an artist driven label whose main goal is to give forward-thinking new music an effective outlet to reach the world.
ABOUT WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.