More bad news for Marvel Comics fans as new rumors suggest that the two Fantastic Four comics will be put on hiatus because of the new Fox Studios Josh Trank movie.
Cosmic fans will remember Marvel did the same with Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy previous to the GoTG movie announcement.
However, regarding Fantastic Four, if the rumors are true, it doesn't sound as if they will get rebooted.
According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel is putting Fantastic Four and Ultimate Fantastic Four on hold because they don't want to help promote the new Fox Studios film - as Marvel Comics is owned by Disney, which owns Marvel Studios and The Avengers movies.
It's said the members of the FF will still appear in the comics, but not in their own titles.
The report even goes so far to state that artwork featuring the Fantastic Four is being taken down at the Marvel offices, and a reported artist who does work for Upper Deck says he was specifically asked not to use Fantastic Four characters which also includes Dr Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Skrulls, etc (i.e. Fox Studios owned characters).
Not one member of the Fantastic Four was featured on the recent Marvel Comics 75th Anniversary poster as well.
Furthermore, it's also reported that Marvel Comics is doing a similar approach with their X-Men characters, though as they are too popular to outright cancel, Marvel is promoting other titles over the X-Men and even pushing the Inhumans as a replacement.
It's said Marvel CEO and largest Disney shareholder Ike Perlmutter is all behind this as he takes things personally; also that Marvel doesn't have a great relationship with Fox like they do with Sony for Amazing Spider-Man.
The new Fox Studios Fantastic Four movie is currently filming and has a June 19, 2015 release starring starring Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm and Kate Mara as Sue Storm.
Update: Comic Book Resources has confirmed with multiple sources that a hiatus for the Fantastic Four property is planned.